The Privacy Act
We maintain our records in accordance with our obligations as defined by applicable Virginia statutes, including, but not limited to, the “THE GOVERNMENT DATA COLLECTION AND DISSEMINATION POLICIES ACT,” the “Virginia Freedom of Information Act,” and any applicable U.S. Federal laws.
Links to Other Web Sites
Because Lucy Corr cannot control the sites to which we link, it cannot be held responsible for content included in them. Moreover, in no way should an external link be considered any form of endorsement by Lucy Corr.
Information contained on lucycorr.org provides links that are maintained by other public and private organizations. Because Lucy Corr cannot control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of sites to which it links, Lucy Corr cannot be responsible for their content. Further, the inclusion of pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered by the author of the reference or the organization operating the server on which the reference is maintained.
Information We Collect
When you access our Web site, the information listed below may automatically be collected
- Routing information – the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Essential technical information – identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using, and the date and time of access.
- Nonessential technical information – the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web site.
We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Web site, and to help prevent hacking attacks on the site servers, and we may use it to gather broad demographic information.
When you deliberately decide to send information (for example, by clicking on a link to send us an email), the information you might choose to send us is listed below as “optional information.”
- Optional information – when you send us an email, your name, email address, and the content of your email; when you fill out online forms, all the data you choose to fill in or confirm.
Usage of Data Collected on Our Web Site
Some of the services that we provide require personal information to be sent to us via the Web site lucycorr.org. We do not sell this information and will not use or share the information collected on our site in ways unrelated to the purpose for which you provided the information. Lucy Corr will use your information only to fulfill your requests for certain services or to personalize your experience on our Web site.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the lucycorr.org Web site to read Web pages or download information, lucycorr.org will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. Your Web browser software transmits most of this information to us; however, this information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The numeric IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the lucycorr.org Site. Lucycorr.org software can then map this IP address into an Internet domain name, for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain;
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access the lucycorr.org site;
- The date and time you access the lucycorr.org site;
- The pages you visit, including graphics loaded from each page and other documents you download, such as PDF (Portable Document Format) files and word processing documents.
If you send us an email, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication includes sensitive information (like your bank account, credit card, or social security number) please contact the appropriate Lucy Corr personnel via postal mail or telephone, rather than email (see “Contacting the Web Site” below.)
From time to time, we may be required to provide to others personally identifiable information which you have provided to us in response to a court order, Freedom of Information request, subpoena, or government investigation. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful. We may disclose certain personally identifiable information when we believe that such release is reasonable, necessary to enforce or apply our terms and/or conditions, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others or ourselves.
Please be aware that Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those parties and Web sites linked to lucycorr.org.
Lucy Corr has security in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of information under our control. This security includes:
- Firewalls – A firewall is a combination of hardware and software used to regulate access.
- Secure socket layer (SSL) – Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a process (based upon industry standards) that encrypts information transferred between your browser and Lucy Corr.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have general questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Web site, or your experience with this Web site, or if you chose to review or correct any information you previously submitted, you can contact the following:
6800 Lucy Corr Boulevard
Chesterfield, VA 23832